I got a nosebleed today. I don't get them often, but thanks to countless movies and TV shows, every time I do, my first instinct is no longer to worry that there is something wrong with my nose. Rather, a nosebleed is an obvious indication that something is wrong with my brain.
And it's probably caused by one or more of the following:
- Someone using psychic powers on me.
- Me misusing my psychic powers.
- Time travel.
In other words: I've got brain damage. If I don't blog any more, you know why. But don't look into it or the psychic Scientologist assassins will explode your head too.
- Scanners (which may be the origin of all psychic nosebleeds)
- The Ring
- Johny Mnemonic
- In Heroes, characters have gotten nosebleeds approximately 300 times, whenever they are straining to use their powers, have psychic powers used on them, or are mildly stressed out. There is an entire Wiki article about it.
- Etc. etc. Pretty much any science-fictiony fiction contains at least one psychic nosebleed.